Do you have tattoos? If yes, would you allow your children to get them if they still lived with you when they're 18+?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have 3. My 1st oneI got in 2/06, a month before I turned 39. Hubby and I got our 1st tattoos (Star Of David tattoos) on the same day. My 2nd and 3rd tattoos I got last summer @ 42. This summer I plan to get my 4th, I will be 43. My hubby just has the 1.

As far as tattoos and my children go... My 22yo son got his 1st tattoo in the summer of '05, he was 17. We signed for it. It was a Star of David tattoo (he started something with that, LOL). After he turned 18 he added more tattoos & he now has 15. My 23yo son got his 1st tattoo (Star of David) in March 2006 @ 19. He got his 2nd last summer when he was 21. My 19yo & 18yo sons got their first (and so far only) tattoos (Star of Davids) on 12/11/06. My 19yo had turned 16 on 8/17/06 and my 18yo turned 15 the next day (yes he was 14 when he got his). We had no problem signing for them to have them done. We knew that they wouldn't change their minds or regret their choice.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• When they're over 18 they don't need your permission to get a tattoo. And to answer your question, yes I have two tats and yes I would discourage my daughter from getting one until she was at least 25 and had a very good reason for getting one. One of mine is a memorial tat for my Father and the other commemorates my marriage.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have one tat as of right now. I am planning my second one. As long as they can sign for themselves to get the tat then thay can get it.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• OP right here...I have ten tattoos, including one in a very *cough* private area...And we still wouldn't let our kids get tattoos until they are paying all their own bills and have their own medical insurance. If they want to pay us rent, that's fine...we may consider letting them get inked.
    Anonymous

• I have one and as long as they are 18 and pay for it for themselfs.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• yes i have 3 tattoos.........yes i would let my kids get tattoos when they turn 18 because really theres nothing i can do when there adults..........
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• my kids are 7 and 5 and they want tattoos now but told them when they are 16 they can get one being thats the legal age where im at with prenatal consent
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• it is not a matter of allowing them or not, once they are 18 they can do what they please. i have tattoos and my kids will not be getting any untill they are 18+
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have 3 tats.  Once my children are 18 then they can do as they please, but I will offer my advice.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have 4. I was young and stupid when I got mine, and regret them all. My husband would definitely not let the girls get tattoos, and I will encourage them to wait until they are MUCH older to make an informed decision. I will use myself as an example, showing that I was impulsive and lacked guidance. Hopefully they will wait. A tattoo isn't the worst thing a person can do, but it is a huge decision that carries a lot of weight.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2010