I'm a teen mom and I need some help with money what can I do?

TonyaLynn13

Asked by TonyaLynn13 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• get some help from public assistance now and do an at home online degree--
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yeah I was n your same boat I agree get public help there places that would help u 2
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 9:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• you are what pa is for, use it and finish your education.
    Anonymous

• file for child support, that's what it's there for
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Get a part time job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• It depends. I would first get on food and healthcare assistance, then call around and find out what state funded free/reduced daycare programs are out there to a teen mom (specify you're a teen mom because where I live there are more programs to teen moms than non-teen moms).

Now here's where the “depends” comes in: if you're still going through with school get daycare to cover school hours and work 25-30 hrs. per week after school; if you're not going to school you can work full time and get daycare to cover that; if you're wanting a job training course (which you do also qualify for help there) then you can do that and then work again 25-30 hours after.

Fact is you will need to work and bring in some income, but you also qualify for section 8 housing and other programs out there. Call, let people know you don't know what's open to you and need all the help you can get. Good luck.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Get a job

File for child support

www.cradle.org

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Can you give more information? Where's the daddy? Are you living on your own or with people? Are you in school? Do you have any experience? Do you have childcare? All of this is important to helping give you advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• What kind of help do you need. Long term (like an education to get a good paying job) or short term for right now. Do you need finanical advice and help with daily money mangement? We are a very helpful bunch if you give us some details.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Ask grandparents to help you that's what family is for instead of PA help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2010