Anyone ever wonder this?

Do you ever have thoughts like "Am I going to make it through parenting?" "Can I do this or will I fail?"

I have been feeling like this alot lately. I have a child and I am pregnant with my second. I don't know if its just my hormones or what but I feel like I can't do it. I feel like my child never listens to me and I don't think I can do it with two. I'm so scared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I married a really good man who tells me I'm over qualified for this. He says, "Women give birth without running water. Women raise kids in 1 room shacks." And other similar things.

Get a cheerleader. If you DH can cheer you on, then tell him to get to cheering. Maybe you have a sister or a friend. Everyone needs a cheerleader some days.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• You're just nervous and scared and it's perfectly normal. We all fear the unexpected. Just know that God never gives us more than we can handle, and you'll do great. Don't be too proud to ask for help with your children if you need to take a break for yourself. Push those negative thoughts out of your head and keep telling yourself that you can do this and you're GOING TO DO THIS. Good luck to you mama!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I think like that all the time hon. I have a 3yr old and im pregnant wit my second 1
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 9:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• nobody is supermom. you can do it! two is not bad... just think soon your child will have somebody new to play with!
    Anonymous

• I feel like I can't ask my mom or anyone to help me (like watch her for a few) b/c I get lectured on how when you have a kid you don't get to do things without them. But I remember being shipped off to my gmas EVERY saturday night for 7 1/2 yrs until my sister was born then it was every other Saturday. She is just such a hypocrite and I feel like its a burden to ask her. And my MIL always has some type of excuse as to why she can't do it. My husband works two jobs so I feel like its just me all the time. Like a single mom.
    Anonymous

• Don't feel bad my mom don't help me and my son dad don't want 2 b bother my hubby work all the time so I can stay home find a social group this is y I use cafe mom ill b your friend mayb we can get each other though this
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 10:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• somewhere inside I'msure we all ask ourselves that very question.

every day I ask myself if I can do it.

as they get older we just have different worries - bullying, school, friends, peer pressure, adolescence (AAAAAACKKKK!), puberty.....

every step and every stage has challenges and worries.

you'll do great. by speaking up, you've already created success - baby steps and one day at a time.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Every single day.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2010