My son got circumsized and i guess when taking care of it i did not pull the skin down enough, so at the doc today she had to seperate it, and he was screaming and his penis was bleeding and she's telling me "it dosen't hurt" i'm like, do YOU have a penis? Have you been through this? DO NOT tell me it dosen't hurt him. It was so irritating!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aww..no! This happened to my son too - but he stayed in the hospital for 5 weeks so it was the nurses. like someone said they do it and send em home so they are not use to caring for it. Well his Dr. tells me everytime I chang him to pull it and it will eventually come apart..like a week later it did...I felt it rip and my heart dropped but he didnt even cry!
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Oh my goodness your poor baby! That is just heartbreaking. How can she say it doesn't hurt him when he's obviously screaming in pain? She should slap herself!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Ugh I had the same thing happen to me :( EXACTLY like you had it-- my poor son screamed so loud the daycare people in the next building came over to the drs office to see if "everything ok?"

whats worse is I've been a Nicu Pedi Rn for a LONG TIME-- was unaware of circ care b/c well we circ them and send them home the same day ....so my Pediatrician told me it was my own fault he had to go threw it :( I cried for DAYS
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• ohhh hugs to u and your lil guy..be happy hes small and wont remeber it just take it now as lesson learned and make sure to pull skin back enough so theres no repeat. but i would think yeah he felt that..poor lil guys.. was it a nures? if it wastry not to get her again..if doctor then maybe u can get a new one that will not only be nice to u but to your son..give him a warm bath..that sooths.xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• That's what happened with my son. He survived...life goes on. Just put vaseline in between were it was separated for awhile and he will be ok.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• it happened to my son too. but my doc told me this will hurt him, so don't be surprised if he cries. yes sometimes you have to hurt the little ones to get a better outcome (like ripping them from a warm uterus). my son's wasn't as bad as yours though. but he doesn't remember it. that's what your doc should've reminded you of.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i know how u feel. its awful. my dr scared me and told me that when her son was little, she didnt push her sons down and he had to get his re-cut or what not at like 1 or 2 years old. i was like are you kidding me?! i would never do it AGAIN! its so sad for the little guys.
    juandmad09

Answer by juandmad09 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• This is one of the many reasons why I would never do a circumcision and would never recommend it. So much pain for nothing and they never warn parents about aftercare. I wish the usa was moving away from it more quickly.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Doctors are desensatized. They look at you as a $, not a human being.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 12:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2010