Turkey Bacon Vs. Pork Bacon. Which do you prefer? How is the taste difference.

Also, Ground beef Vs. Ground Turkey, which do you prefer? How is the taste difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Pork bacon and ground beef. I don't like turkey so ground turkey to me is gross.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Pork bacon crisps up better. So if you are doing bits for a salad, turkey bacon isn't going to do it. Also, the fat renders differently. So if you are making a sauce with rendered bacon, you must use real pork.

Ground beef and ground turkey are pretty interchangeable, unless you are into rare burgers. Ground turkey can get tough if it's over cooked. For things like tacos, chili, stroganoff-- switch em without notice. The other flavors in the dish are substantial.

Now grass fed ground beef is a whole different food group!! OMG best burgers ever.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• to me it is like saying do you like apples or oranges better- two completely different things!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• If it's not real bacon, it doesn't go in my grocery cart (though we usually butcher a whole hog, so it's rare that I buy bacon). Turkey bacon is just a sin in my book.

Ground beef vs turkey is a world of differece. It cooks up different no matter what you're making. I like ground turkey for certain things, but I won't replace beef with it for things like meatloaf, chili, etc. And like ecodani said - grass fed beef...nothing beats it!
    Anonymous

• DH has forbidden me to ever buy turkey bacon again! LOL

We do use ground turkey over GB for just about everything- including meatloaf and burgers. I think I buy GB once a year now...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I agree bacon is pig. Crispy, heart clogging oh so yummy. Turkey bacon is not even close. I have no problem with ground beef, turkey or pork. Depends on what I'm making deceides what I use.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• you do have to make sure that the turkey bacon you get isn't the stuff thats mashed up and coloured then formed to look like bacon. I buy the daystarters turkey slices - its real meat, and tastes like bacon - not as salty and 'porky' but its really good.

course nothing tops a crispy piece of piggy bacon.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2010