Period Problem. (TMI sorry)

Every since I was a young girl, I've had problem on and off with my periods. Starting in Aug of last year I started getting them every 2 weeks for 2 weeks straight. I chalked it up to stress as I had a few friends that had recently been murdered in Feb, and I was suffering from severe depression. This went on till Nov. I started right around Thanksgiving and it's still here. It acts like it's gonna let up and then it comes right back. I'm gonna get blood work done next week to be at least one step a head of the the doctor. As I had to wait for my insurance to pick up before I could do anything, and the week that I can he's out of town. I'm also passing clots here and there. I was wondering if you guys had opinions on what it could be.
I'm thinking maybe it's a slight Thyroid problem or even a Hormone problem as I have had Hormone issues in the past.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Health

• You might be tested for endometriosis.

I'm a big believer of the healing powers of a gluten-free diet for women's health issues. I had really serious cysts and stopped them cold and got pregnant finally. PM me if you want info about the diet change.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• could be thyroid or pcos. im symptematic but not diagnosed with pcos i have my periods crazy irregularly. nov i had it for 3 weeks, dec 2 days and now in jan im almost at 3 weeks and still going like its not gunna let up so look that up and see if you have any of the other symptoms
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have major clotting issues like you.

I was diagnosed with endometriosis. It is painful, messy, and messes up your system really bad.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2010