IUD??

Ok so i have the IUD (Mirena) and i havent had my period in like a month...But i did bleed for a few weeks after i had gotten it...Im really concerned if this is normal or not..and also im kinda seconed guessing myself if i really want it or not..any suggestion???

MamaD620

Asked by MamaD620 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no suggestions but heres a fact about Mirena it does not prevent conception what is does is create a hostile environment in the uterus so that the zygote can not implant into the uterus--
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Some women stop having their periods entirely with it. Some women go years without a period.

If you are in pain call your doc.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My friend got it. they told her that it does for some women mess up ther period or they have just slit bleeding or no period at all.
    Anonymous

• I had it. I had no periods at all, and it really helped with my endometriosis. I had bleeding the first little while, and then nothing after that. I miss that.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i like it and all but im kinda concerned..i know i can get pg on it..and with any birth control you have that chance but im just worried something may go wrong like i dont have my period and 5 moths down the road i have an eptopic pregnancy..idk UGH lol
    MamaD620

Answer by MamaD620 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2010