is tailbone pain normal?

im 36 weeks pregnant with my first. i am 1 cm dilated as of tuesday.
and all day today ive been having alot of tailbone pain, its the whole lower half of my back and all around my tailbone on my butt. and theres pressure all in that area too. ive been having contractions all day but they are irregular. is tailbone pain normal?

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes it is. If if really gets to you. I would recommend seeing a chiroprator.
    Anonymous

• Stretch it out. Sit up straight in your chair with feet on the floor. Put right ankle on left need. Stretch and hold for 5 minutes. Switch. Do it while you're at the computer, watching TV, etc.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I just had my first baby 4months ago and I had the same problem. the baby is positioned on a nerve, a main nerve that can cause alot of pain. the dr told me to try to positiion the baby another way.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i don't know if this is what's going on with you, b/c it could be like pp said and the baby is on a nerve....but I had severe tailbone pain while in labor, the baby was sunny-side up and hitting the tailbone instead of going thru the birth canal...so i got on all fours and swayed my hips and pelvis in circular motion ( it was weird to do so w/ audience as it felt like i was sexually gyrating) but after an hour, the baby turned the correct position and I was ready to push.
    livetolaughlove

Answer by livetolaughlove at 11:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2010