Best baby sling?

I absolutely cannot decide which baby sling to buy because I can't try them out before I buy them, I don't want a ring sling or a moby wrap. Does anyone have any advice for me? I want it to be easy and secure, my baby is 12 lbs right now.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 10:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mi tie for sure
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I dont know how much youre trying to pay, but the serena and lily ones are incredible.

http://www.serenaandlily.com/Gift/Sling-Prague-Market-Sling

redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 10:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• hands down a wrap.

I had a hoppediz wrap - double woven cotton - soooooo comfortable. and once you get the hang of tying its a cinch!

check www.mamatoto.org

there's a HUGE database of all the carriers, carriers by position, and carriers by age.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have the baby bjorn and I absolutley LOVE it, my son practically lives in it, and has since he was born. I can carry him around in it for a couple hours at a time without him getting to heavy. He loves it and its great becuase he can face in or out!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I loved my Maya Wrap
    Lullababy

Answer by Lullababy at 11:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• If I could, I'd either get a moby wrap or a Mei Tai. Mobys are great especially if you NIP, they're discreet and allow you to be completely hands free. Mei Tais are wonderful in my experience, especially when baby is older, you can use it on your back as well as your front. I have a Bjorn and a ring sling. Both are OK, but the Bjorn has a weight limit and I still feel like I'm pregnant. I used my ring sling until DD was 2 and I'm using it now, but it's cumbersome to nurse with. It CAN be done, but it's not easy for me.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 1:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2010