Labor and Delivery????

I'm thinking about haveing a water birth or if I should give birth in a hospital??? && I'm only 16 and don't know which one should be better for me....some one please help me??!!

AMB3R08

Asked by AMB3R08 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Check the hospitals in your area to see if they have birthing tubs. You might be able to have the best of both worlds!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• *hugs* Birth is completely natural. Every woman who has come before you and whom you are decended from, for thousands and thousands of years and countless generations, has given birth. So don't worry.

Whether or not to give birth in a hospital is a decision that only you can make. Personally, I wouldn't. I can give you a million reasons why but there's not enough room here. lol It's my personal opinion that giving birth at home or in a birthing center is safer for MOST births (there are exceptions ofcourse).

Water birth, btw, is easier. The water feels so good and takes a lot of the weight off of you. It eases labor, especially back labor. Most birthing centers and some hospitals have special tubs meant for birthing babies in. They can be rented for home births (some people just get a kiddie pool and that works too).

Ultimately the decision is yours. You're going to be a mom and that means you're going to have to make very adul
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• at 16 your not quite done growing yourself so I suggest a hospital incase anything does go wrong due to your young age. Hospitals do have birthing tubs. But a hospital is best for first time young moms 2 be
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I agree with vbruno... since you're so young, it's possible to have more complications b/c your body might not be physically ready for labor (i.e. smaller hips). Some hospitals do offer water births, though. Talk to your OB, and see what he/she says about what your options are. You'll probably be surprised at all the different options they have for labor & delivery. good luck!!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I think a hospital birth would be good, Just so you have the experts on hand.lol I think water birth would be neat.. I would search hospitals near you & see if you would have that option.. Congratulations :o)
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I had an amazing water birth! I wouldn't have changed a thing. I'm so glad I didn't have my son in a hospital. I was at a free-standing birth center. It was so intimate and beautiful. My husband, mom, doula and midwife were there. No one else barging in, no bright lights, I wasn't stuck on my back in bed. It was awesome. I have my son's birth story up in a journal and lots of pictures on my homepage. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Congrats, mama!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2008