if my room is 72* and I have a box fan blowing toward me...

... and my babys crib. do you think it will make my baby sick. or take babys breath away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you're kidding right? you cant get sick from air blowing on you unless its blowing a virus at you.
    Anonymous

• Don't point it at the baby. It can do things that will mimic illness and isn't good for babies.
    Anonymous

• anon 11pm... Sick doesnt only mean viruses.... Babies can get congested and get sick without actually having a virus. Do your research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i have read that having a fan in the room can actually reduce the risk of SIDS, but i wouldn't aim it AT the baby. air circulation is good, but wind in the face is not imo. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• anon 11pm.. you can get sick from a fan blowing on you... how often do you clean your fan? Most ppl NEVER clean their fans and that in it's self can make you sick, all the dead skin cells, dust and living micro bugs that live in that dirt film that is on the blade and wire guards can very much make you sick! If you want to leave a fan on in your room deff clean it, take the whole thing apart and wash in hot dish soap or mr. clean to make sure everything is clean... I personally would not put the fan so it is blowing on the baby, in the summer when I had my son and it was HOT in the room I had a fan going but I put a thin blanket on the outside of the crib so that way a little air would pass through but not a bunch.. Good luck
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2010