First love experiences.

So, I just realized that after all these years of worrying that he would give up on me, or do something to hurt me...I'm the one who gave up on him and I'm the one that hurt him and myself in the process.

We were together over 2 years, we have a beautiful little girl together and he was my world. I met him nearly 4 years ago and I loved him the moment I saw him and worked my little butt off to get him to notice me. I can still remember the day he and I made ourselves official...

I messed up big time, so much that it's hardly possible that we could ever be together again (I don't want to say impossible because I'd give my right arm and leg to get back with him and be happy.) The situation is horrible and no one would understand unless they lived it. So I'll leave it at that.

What was your first love experience? How did you get over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• first love was in high school...i was young and silly minded, we went our separate ways and chalked it up as if it wasn't meant to be. He was my first love, but was not my true love; the love of my life. We can love many people in this world. It's who you are compatible with, who you can trust in, its having an equal relationship.........that love is the one that counts. If you lost that one....you should do everything in your power to get him back.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Well I am sorry to hear that things didn't end up the way you'd hoped but you will LEARN from this. That is what first loves are all about. If the universe, God, your neighbor (whatever) brought Mr. Right to you right off the bat, think of how badly most people would screw it up. That's why they say you have to kiss a few frogs before your prince shows up. We learn so much from every relationship and when the time comes, I am sure a new love that you never expected, will glide your way. You presently, have to mourn the loss of this relationship and it's brutal but you just have to get through it. There's no quick fix.
    Anonymous

• Mine was in high school too. He was two years older than me and left to go to a military college. Two years later I followed him there ... to find out the whole time I was waiting for him, spending my senior year at home instead of going out he was lying to me. Once I got to college with him I found out that he was lying about not being able to call me, he had cheated on me several times, and he continued to put me down and ask me to lose weight. I thought he was the one ... when in actuality he was the worst person in the world. I tried and tried to make it work, but one day I realized he was awful and we had nothing in common. Not to mention he was pretty ugly looking back on it lol ... always putting me down to keep me around.

To get over it I ended up sleeping with a few guys and having a couple of rebound relationships. I had fun and ended up with the man of my dreams. Enjoy your freedom and work on you! AND HAVE FUN
    Anonymous

• Time helped me heal

Answer by admckenzie at 11:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I was sixteen when I started dating my first boyfriend. I fell hard and fast for him.
    We broke up because we were both too immature for how serious the relationship was getting. We weren't ready for where it was leading, and I especially was too clingy and just too much for him at the time. It devistated me. We remain best friends, and I really love that we have. I just still to this day wonder "What could've been?" ..

Sometimes you just have to pick yourself up by the belt loops and truck on, because once it's gone it's gone.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• my first love started 9th grade and ended in 11th grade. I was soo in love...I love my husband now ( and it is a different bond)but I have to say it was like...so much more passionate...I just NEEDED to kiss him...our last kiss I remember perfectly, it was the best kiss I ever had....he cheated on me and I was soo heartbroken but I still wanted to be with him so badly ( I was never that stupid with anyone else either....if my husband cheated I wouldnt even think twice, I would be gone) .....we broke up over 5 years ago and I still think about him.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:23 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• High school. I still think about him even though I haven seen him in 30 years! He's probably bald and fat like his father was. Ha ha! Time helps and falling in love again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2014