diabetic and want another baby

Ok, so i have had diabetes for 10 years, my first pregnancy went very well because i was on the pump. Now that i dont have insurance i dont have the pump anymore and i am on shots. I am not under control with the shot but i am trying sooo hard because i would like another baby (i wish soon) but know that i will have to wait til i have medical insurance. im just wondering if you can still have a healthy baby with sugars that arent bad but arent great because i know that even when i get medical it will be a while til i start on the pump again and i dont think my sugars will ever be "good" with the shots. I am just scared, my best friend just lost her baby due to uncontroled sugars. I dont need bashing because im not getting pregnant until my sugars are better and i have insurance. Just stories of not perfect controlled diabetics and the pregnancy

DilsMommy

Asked by DilsMommy at 10:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Health

• i don't know much about diabetes, but have you done all you can with diet and exercise? also, if you really want to be healthy so you can have another baby, then i would look into alternative treatments for diabetes. sometimes going outside the western medical box can bring excellent results.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2010