what do u use for calluses (sp?) on feet?

i have bad dry skin and my feet are always the worst and i get calluses all the time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I use a pumice stone in between soakings and, as all4mymarine above mentioned, wearing white socks overnight does greatly soften my skin. Skin dryness is caused to either lack of water or lack of moisture. Make sure that you're drinking lots of water. Also, the DPM can prescribe a cream that has a higher amount of urea (moisture retaining ingredient) to help, if necessary. He told me to discard both my Mary Kay and Avon foot products, as he believed they accomplished nothing.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Consult a foot doctor. My method is unorthodox and can be deadly for those with diabetes. So, if you're diabetic, don't do this at all. I've had seven foot surgeries and my feet, especially heels, are extremely dry and cracking. I soak my feet in mineral oil and lukewarm to hot water for 30-60 minutes. After drying my feet off, I use a new razor blade and gently cut off layer after layer of skin. I start with the callouses (under my foot and big toe), then the tailor callouses (under my foot and baby toe) before I proceed with my outer and inner heels. I have several foot creams that I use: Kera sel, udderly smooth, baby oil and Vaseline. My DPM (Diplomat of Podiatric Medicine) doesn't like me using a razor blade but has seen my handiwork and says that I do a good job.The prescribed orthotics (inner shoe soles made especially for me using a case of my feet) keep my feet balanced and lessens the speed of reoccurrence.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I use a foot file to scrub the dead skin off and then moisturize with a heavy oily cream and then put socks on. And right at this moment I'm bugging dh to put some Avon Foot Works callus cream on my feet lol He just gave me a "look" and gave in haha But I used it for the first time about a week ago and I could tell a huge difference just from that one time. I get really dry cracked feet in the winter here where it's so cold and dry.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I don't know, I kind of disagree about the Avon foot products doing nothing. I have the intensive callus cream on right now and my feet are actually kind of soft without having to file them for 15 mins. Before I put it on last week, I had cracks and my heels would catch on certain materials..can't STAND that, ugh. Seriously, since then, they've been nice :)

Of course my degree of dry and scaly could be different from PP and OP but I think they are pretty bad :( Even when I'm pregnant and drink tons of water, my feet are terrible! But I guess if they don't respond to anything store bought, ask your doc for some good heavy duty cream...but I also like the Avon Intensive Moisture Therapy for hands to slather on before putting on a pair of socks. No, I don't use just Avon! But it seems like those two creams work really well, at least for me :)
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I use a pumice stone in the shower and shea butter before bed.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2010