Moving into a Townhouse..

My DH and I have been renting a house and we decided to buy a townhouse and re-do everything and sell it in a couple of years after the housing goes up. Anyone who has a townhouse can you give me some tips and ideas to decorate a townhouse. Its smaller than a house (obviously!) so I need any ideas. Its a 3/2.5 bath... any ideas would be wonderful!! =D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• you should look on websites like hgtv.com they have all those shows on fixing houses up and such. GL.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• me and my husband actually just got a town home yesterday! We started moving today. Its smaller tho. 2bed and 1.5 bath. (we only have 1 kid). So I cant really answer your question yet but best of luck to us both! haha
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 10:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Light neutral colors on the walls and light or medium bamboo flooring. Kitchen, i love cherry cabinets or black with stainless steel appliances, granite or cesarstone countertops, it'll help with resale. Bathroom, neutral color tiles. Just dont personalize too much like putting in seashell tiles, some people will not buy a house because of that, people are just sooo visual. Glass tiles are nice and slate is awesome. silk drapes always look classy and smaller scaled furniture.
    Anonymous

• We live in a townhouse ours is 3 bedroom with 3 .5 bathrooms. Decorating should be what your into to make it a home. I am into neutral colors so we have tan walls in most of the rooms with a accent wall. Our front room (where you walk in) is a tan color with a burgundy wall as the accent. Then I accessorized with burgundy and tan. Having new appliances are always nice...we purchased all new when we moved in 4 yrs ago. Update the kitchen...add new knobs on the cabinets...paint...add granite if you can afford it ( i would love to have that) Wood blinds are also a nice feature.

Start watching hgtv for ideas. Have fun with it and good luck!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 3:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2010