When will my son start to lose his baby teeth?

Some of his friends at school have already started to lose their teeth. My son just turned 5 in November. Will it be much longer?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 10:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 4 yr old just last night lost two teeth at once. This is early I think. I have older kids & they didnt lose theirs till they were about 6.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My boys didnt lose theirs till first grade while classmates had already lost 3 or 4 teeth, every kids is different but generally between 5-7 years old.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My son was 6yrs 2 months before he lost his first tooth. He's 6.5 now and so far no more are loose. His little friend, also 6, has lost all his front teeth and a couple bottom ones. I guess there's not really a normal time when it comes to losing teeth.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 10:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• From what I can tell by my kids and their friends the average age is around 6 to start losing teeth. My oldest lost her first a couple months after turning 6, my son was a month shy of turning 6 and my middle daughter was 5 1/2.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• my son was 6. (and i actually cried!?!)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• It depends, my daughter just turned 6 in December and has lost 7 teeth so far. Lost 4 when she was 4 bottom at age 5 and the rest recently. But, her friend at school whose 6 1/2 lot 2. Another friend whose daughter is 6 1/2 lost 1. It depends on the teeth and if they are ready to come out. You can always check your child's teeth to see if the adult teeth are coming in in the back and then have them start wiggling the teeth. Dentist rule is that they are the ones to remove the teeth and not anyone else, unless the dentist feels it should come out.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 10:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My DS dentist said avarage is age 6, they tend to follow what ever they did as babies, so if they got baby teeth early they would loose teeth early, and they tend to go in the same order they came in.
    My son lost first tooth right before he turned 6 in Sept. and we are have just lost #3
    But some kids think its cool, mine was nervous/scared and thinks people will make fun of the way it looks. So be perpared for both.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2010