What would you tell your kid if they ask you where the baby's come from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• depends on the age really...but i think if you want to go around the fact that "mommy's belly" is the best bet. "God puts a baby in there", or "daddy planted a special seed and a baby grows"...something like that.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I used to tell them babies came from the baby store. My kids (they are teens now) still give me a hard time. I also used to tell them that all the smoke you see coming out chimneys was where clouds came from. Oh and the reason their hair was messed up in the morning was because a cow sneaks in at night & licks their hair. Yeah yeah I'm silly. (yes eventually I told them for real. sheesh)
    Anonymous

• my kids are 5, 7 and I just totally lie or sidestep it. I dread that day.
    Anonymous

• depedns on the age - my son is 6, we have gotten as far as God puts the baby in the mommy's belly and the doctor takes it out....
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• when dd was 5, she asked and I told her that God put the baby in there and that its mommy's job to take care of the baby until he/she is ready to come home. When she turned 10, she asked again. so i pulled out my med. books and told her like it is, till this day at 15 she doesnt want any kids, i'm sure that'll change when she's an adult, lol
    Anonymous

• I told them the truth. Although, I did sugar coat or gloss over a few things I wasn't ready to discuss. They are 7 and 8. They know about animals mating, so I said that people do the same thing. People are mammals and all girl mammals have eggs. They carry their eggs inside them and they need a male to fertilize the egg when they are married. They also know how the baby comes out, which widened some eyes, but should hold them over a little longer while I get the big "talk" ready.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on their age. My boys are 4 and 5 and so far they know that it takes a man and a woman to make a baby and that the baby is in the mama's uterus and/or belly. ...so far they have not asked HOW the baby gets in the moms tummy. lol but when they do ask questions i am always honest.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My daughter is 3. She knows that babies grow in the mommys tummy and then when they are big enough they come out at the hospital. She has seen pictures from when I was pregnant, her ultrasound pics ( i told her they were when she was in mommys tummy) and pics of her in the hospital right after she was born(i told her that was when she was born).
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Soon after (#4) was born, our oldest 2 (girls) asked about it (they asked after #3, I kinda skipped passed a few things.) They were 8 & 6.5 yr this time around.
    I told them the truth with proper names of anatomy & made it sterile and plan as I could. I DID include STD's & birth control, the MILLIONS of shots you have to get when you are pregnant & told them they should wait to have sex til they are adults & know they can trust the guy.
    We were eating breakfast all together that Saturday morning. They thought it over & said "Ewwww," as my poor husband choked down his eggs.
    They had a few follow-up questions then, & a few more a later, & that has been that.
    The thing that I loved was their statement to me that if they just dont have sex, they wont get STD's/pregnant!
    There are great books if you want help.
    The key for me was to be open & honest so they will continue to come to ME with questions, not some friend or a BOY.
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 11:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• why would you tell them you have to get a million shots when your pregnant? you dont.
    Anonymous