Why does this happen? When laughing I cough & wheez?

I'm afraid to laugh hard. For I'll start wheezing bad! I'm scared to at all! Then I get a full and heaviness in my chest and a unwell feeling! Anyone else feel this way too? What is it? I have no insurance or any means to see a DR. But I'm curious on what you do? Does your inhaler help if you have one? Thank you for a kind and thoughtful reply.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Health

• do you smoke? are you over weight? any past problems of asma or does your family have breathing problems? Take all of that into consideration, but I would pull up webmd.com and do a symptom checker on yourself to get a better idea. gl feel better.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I used to have the same problem. I had juvenille reactive airway disease. Not quite athsma, but I still had to use an inhaler. It helped when I needed it. I grew out of it though. If you think you need an inhaler, go and discuss this with your doctor.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Sounds like you have an Asthma related problem.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• like bugmommy said, being overweight, smoking and i will add chest cold can all cause something like you have described. so can asthma. asthma can be caused by dairy and red meat and dust and mold....
    medical intervention should be the last thing you look at.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2010