Are you mom who today asked how to have twins? Just curious why so many cm are needing twins for kids?

It's funny that so many questions of this came in today. There's often multiple questions of am I pregnant in one day and in one day instead it's multiple questionshow does a woman get twins? just interesting. I don't think any woman's weird or wrong for wanting twins just wondering if any can comment past the question for help to conceive twins, to comment if they want to why conceiving twins is more important to them than a single birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• People who say they want twins have no clue what they are asking for!
    Anonymous

• well my hubby wants 3 children and i would be fine with just 2 .... so I would love to have twins next time so my hubby gets what he wants and I only have to be pregnant one more time haha ....
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Unless someone is willing to go through IVF then no they aren't just "getting" twins. I always find it funny when they say "oh my husband's family has twins. does that mean we'll get twins?" haha no....
    Anonymous

• hi first two responders - i do think you're both right. I wonder if a lot of the moms asking - about three or four questions today in one day - are moms who had tough first pregnancies or haven't had a baby yet. If it's the first then one more pregancy ending two babies could be better than additional pregnancies for more kids. If it's the latter that most of the moms haven't had a baby yet and think it's way to scary to have a baby so just be pregnant one time to have two babies ------- if that's the case I feel bad that they're getting scared reading here of tough questions then.

Maybe the women asking just one kids ages really close together. It's weird because none of the questions said anything other than how do I have twins in a pregnancy not how do I have healthy twins and I am already pregnant.

Hope all cm members are as healthy as can be and get to a point of rest and happiness.
    Anonymous

• I did not have twins but crossed my fingers that I would.I have a lot of fertility issues and it took years , lots of money ,and huge efforts to become pregnant. I was afraid I wouldn't get pregnant again so I hoped for twins I have 4 children and the last was conceived the old fashion way and when I was 40.My surprise gift...surprised but thrilled...had aways wanted 4 .

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Honestly I would never try to have twins but I have always said that I think twins would be easier then how close I had my kids. They are only 11 months apart and it always feels like twins but for the first two years it was like a deja-vu.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 11:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• hi 1026 anon that's funny - in a way that's like am I pregnant - sorry I'm not in your uterus so I don't know, see a doctor for a blood and urine u/s test!!

Isn't it amazing what babies the thought of babies do to us, sigh. I loved when my kids were little but now that their grown (teens and twenties) this is the best part of all - to see that my hard work teaching them respect and responsibility paid off. I have friends who adult child used drugs, but they still taught their child r & r, taught their child well. Their child's thoughts were just in places that respect couldn't be heard loud enough.

Anonymous

• Singleton,twins,triplets just happen. So what if someone would want ot have twins? They can desire whatever. Only god knows what they will have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I HAVE TWINS LOL AND MY DH SAYS HE DID NOTHING DIFFERENT LOL. IDENTICAL TWINS ARE A FREAK OF NATURE, MEANING THE ONE EGG SPLITS AND DOCTORS CANNOT EXPLAIN WHY. FERTERNAL TWINS ARE TWO EGGS THAT DROP. LOL I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT WOULD HELP A WOMAN PRODUCE MORE THAN ONE EGG. BUT FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO REALLY REALLY WANT TWINS------BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR LOL--------
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• twins are very hard work! the end of the pregnancy is can be difficult, as many moms are on bedrest. many multiples are in the nicu...this is miserable! breastfeeding twins can be a bit much to get used to. babies really need their mommy, and the demands of two is much harder than the demands of one. we view our twins as a huge blessing, but we were very relieved when we saw this pregnancy was a singleton!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2010