need help with my 6 yr old who has tantrums that arehas gotten her kicked out of day care

she run away from the staff,kicks off shoe refuses to clean up cries for 15-30min, gone to neurodevelopmentalist results atypical behavior.in a new day care aftertwo daythe behaviors kicked off director and staff are almost feed up help!

robinse48

Asked by robinse48 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well, what do you do when she does those things at home?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Does she see a behavioral therapist?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I recommend a behavioral therapist. I have a friend who's 6 year old son was horrible she went through our school district and got free help. Everyday after school a behavioral specialist picks him up from school take him to the park. The behavioral specialist also works with the boy at my friends house. I have noticed a huge improvement in my friends son. My friend also had to change her behavior and learn to discipline her son and be consent. I would hate your child to grow up being labeled as a brat see if you can get some help. I would also recommend a behavioral chart and lots of positive reinforcement. Good Luck to you and you child
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2010