How to stop heart burn?

I am only 16 weeks pregnant and keep having the worst heart burn. I have changed my diet and been eating tums like tick taks. Is there anything else i can try??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Milk, peppermint, gum.
    Anonymous

• Also - go to a chiropractor, there's a spot in your back that if it's out, you can have the worst heartburn ever, but if it's in, heartburn's a rarity. I'm not prenant, but I have problems with heartburn. If I have it when I go in, I get instant relief when that spot's put back in place.
    Anonymous

• baking soda in water
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Im 39 weeks and its never gone away for me. Someone told me that Rolaids works awesomely even though some say that its not too good during pregnancy,,, my friend used it throughout her entire pregnancy so I dont know, ask ur doc. My heartburn is ridiculous and I just make sure I drink lots of water and milk and try my best to take a serving of tums(1000mg) with every meal(dont wait till u get symptoms). Either way good luck.. I hate heartburn its the worst!!!!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• go to the doctor compazine works really well its for motion sickness but works well or zofran also drink milk avoid greasy or acid foods red sauces or spicy foods tend to irritate that also your heartburn may be caused because of the baby i had bothersome heartburn at 25 weeks with my first child when she was born she had a full head of hair
    mandy550

Answer by mandy550 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• should go to ob there are alot of med they can prescribe, also my mother alwasy said that heartburn in preggos means a lot of hair for baby
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 1:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• papaya enzyme.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• don't eat sugary foods. eat small amounts of food often. sit up straight or stand while digesting.
    sorry!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I've been taking protonix, but my dr said it was okay too.. I took it with my first daughter, and now my second who is due in 20 days or less. It knocks mine out TOTALLY.. And Ohio4 is right it means lots of hair my daughter had over an inch of hair when she was born, and never lost any of it. I'm expecting this little princess to have hair too=).. Good luck!!
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 12:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2010