im worried about taking my baby on a plane.any thoughts?

we are taking my 14 month old little girl to meet her grandparents for the first time but we have to be on a plane for like 9 hours..im worried about her ears hurting and can i take her bag and mine on the plane?what about her bottle and stuff she needs? any advice?

mom2b112108

Asked by mom2b112108 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We've flown several times with our 16-month-old, although never for that long. We have always been able to take a bag for me and for baby. If you take liquids, it's kind of a pain to get through security because they have to test them. Even diaper cream had to be tested. We actually bought that organic shelf milk in the baby aisle at Target and it worked out great because it doesn't spoil. Our pediatrician recommended a pacifier or bottle at take off and landing to help with air pressure. We haven't had ear problems.

I can tell you to take lots of snacks and things to keep her entertained. I just pull down that tray and load it with stuff for her to play with. We always try to sit at the back of the plane so we can disturb as few people as possible and stand if we need to.

Not all airlines give you those plastic bags to put your carseat in, so take a trashbag.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Suckers or sippysups for her ears---Only one carry-on per person (check with your airlines for guidelines) exculding free-flying children.---Sippy cups/bottles must be empty during airport security. Bring lots of books, things to do silently----If you have a portable dvd player that would be perfect---few favorite snacks---blanket??---a lot of energy and patients for the parents.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2010