on a low carb diet.....

what are some good things to start on ( getting groceries tomorrow and starting new "low carb living" on saturday" ) ...KI did it for a week before and lost like 6 pounds, but I basically just ate the same things over again....

Also...are there any " carb smart" breads lol...

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, some ground meat or chicken with salsa, avocado and sour cream and lettuce, these are really low in carbs. burgers w/no bun. Sugar free jello and whip cream. Cheese, lo carb pasta w/parm cheese.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• turkey, fish, lobster, shrimp, veggies, low carb ice cream from breyers, in moderation though, my fav is chocolate
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• oh, soups, no noodles, you can get broth or chicken bullions, diet soda, tea coffee, sugar free creamers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• stay away from sauces like mayo tarter sauce bread and pastas theyre full of sugars once a week treat yourself to a chocolate or sweet just watch proportions some fruits are acids as well as juices drinking to much water adds bloating so limit that to whip cream is like mayo so thats bad when u cook steam veggies and if u want steak or something put it in oven to bake it or broil it make sure theres a pan under it to drain the fats though eat salads lite or no dressings italian is low carb yogurts are bad bc they have dairy in them umm write down evrything u eat in one day that helps control proportions and keep a excercise routine start slow though and change the routine once a week or so so u dont get board cardio ls great drink alot of tea green tea helps burn calories cereal like all bran and make sure u eat nuts like almonds cashews ect not salted though also diet pop n diet foods have ingredients in them that u dnt see
    mandy550

Answer by mandy550 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• thank you guys ! I am excited to start my diet...lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:28 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Be sure to get your cholesterol checked every couple of months.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• when i followed that atkins diet, i truly followed it. i did not eat any foods with chemicals in it! so those that choose bacon, watch out! it is recommended to eat meat without added nitrates/ nitrites. i did it for two weeks, and did not lose any weight. i was in the middle of my bmi at the time, and what worked for me was working out outside instead of in the basement.
    good luck on your weight loss!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• any meat, cheese,pecante sauce,eggs,seafood,lettuce,cellry,cucumber,carrots,green beans,pintobeans,bryers vanilla icecream is a must!,black olives,pickels,onions, bell pepper,sour cream,smoked sausage, summer sausage,steak.,tunafish.
    Good luck on your new diet! I had problems on it though, cause I love pasta and baked potatos!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 26, 2010