I am 30 weeks pregnant, and i feel like i should be doing something in preparation for the new arrival. However i have no idea what to do or where to start. PLease Help!!

jmtrox02

Asked by jmtrox02 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ummm... purchasing baby necessities like clothes, diapers and a carseat is a good start
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• have you started decorating the nursery? shopping for the baby's room is always fun, buy the baby's outfit to come home in and make sure that his crib or bassinet is ready.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Sit back and relax... There really isn't much to "do"... Unless you count making extra meals and freezing leftovers?
    SillyJessi

Answer by SillyJessi at 1:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• finish the nursery, stalk up on diapers n wipes. and hopefully you have been putting money into a savings account b/c you will need it
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 1:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• What have you done so far?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Do you mean physically or emotionally?

If you are thinking about preparing yourself for giving birth~ there is a lot you can do to learn about the process, become confident, and enjoy the event.
    (I have tons of suggestions, let me know if you'd like more)

If you mean getting ready like buying baby gear, clothes, blankets, etc... I would say that it depends on many things like finances and parenting style.
    Babies NEED very little. A car seat and blankets may be first priorities. After that, you can consider diapering (some don't do this!) and choose cloth or disposable diapers. You can pick up some outfits and blankets. Decide where baby will sleep and what baby will eat.
    (I have suggestions here, too, if you want to more)
    ;-)

I guess it really depends on what you meant, exactly!
    Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Even something as simple as the whole Johnson care line..shampoo, little care kit, lotions, diapers, and the whole baby first aid kit...
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 4:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I agree with doulala... babies need very little to begin with. If you're talking items needed here is what I recommend.
    *Bassinet
    *Wipes
    *Diapers
    *Onesies
    *Socks
    *Receiving Blankets

You might want a bouncer or swing, my DD never used her swing because she didn't like it but her bouncer was her BFF. I'm 15 wks with my second child and we're just purchasing the basics right before the baby is born. Once baby is here and starts growing then we'll pick up other things but we're a lot more relaxed this go around.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 5:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2010