• In the Spotlight:

Any other women that hate chick flicks?

I know I can't be the only one who prefers action and horror/thriller to sappy, teeth-rotting, mushy movies/TV shows?

Do other women think you are strange for not liking the mushy sickening crap?

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 1:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• *raises hand*

My bf and I joke that I am a man when it comes to movies. I like action, thrills, gore, horror, kung fu, and raunchy comedy.

None of that mushy crap for me! No thank you!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• ONCE in a blue moon Ill watch a love story, but I ADORE horror! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I don't like either...sappy/mushy or horror/thriller...I only like comedy ...I go for anything that'll make me laugh.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:21 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I used to but the endings are always too predictable so I got oed with em. I don't watch movies that much anymore.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• If no one dies a slow painful death in the chick flick I won't watch it...I know that's morbid but I just like to see if the person dies or is cured...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• The more of a love story it has, the less I can tolerate. Especially if it involves wacky hijinks and 3's company plots - they're in love, oh no, there's a misunderstanding!, wacky hijinks where they talk to everyone about the circumstances of the misunderstanding except each other, after 82 minutes, they finally talk to each other, misunderstanding resolved, s/he does not get on the plane/take the job/marry the other guy, and they live happily ever after.

And if you read all that, now you never have to suffer through another romantic comedy ever again either. You're welcome.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I cant handle chick flicks at all unless they are comedy one's like "Knocked Up" or "Baby Mama" I dont watch things like "The Notebook" or "Titanic" I actually dont think I have ever rented a chick flick!!

My movie choices are things like the Saw movies and Final Destination
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I love em all
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• In most cases, if something doesn't get blown up, it's not much fun.

My kids and I use to tease my ex that which would he rather tell the guys he worked with....that A) he wasn't allowed to watch The Man Show or B) he'd rather be watching Lifetime anyway? Yeah, sort of sad....he was the one that liked the chick flicks!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 6:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2010