Am I Crazy To Buy Ahead?

I want a baby sooo much. We aren't TTC yet becuase things. I still want to buy a few things here and there. Am I crazy? Glass bottles, some unisex clothes, a hygeine kit, cloth diapers...that sorta thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• IMO yes that would be nuts lol
    What if theings didnt go right and you never had another one?
    Id personally wait it out til you are at least pregnant.
    You could always set the money aside as a " save for baby" fund
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes. If something happened and you didn't get the baby you planned, how could you get rid of all the stuff? It would be heart wrenching to say the least. I would start putting money away for the possibility, but would not buy anything until the second trimester.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:28 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We'll adopt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You cant gurantee you will adopt a newborn baby. Maybe. But things happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I don't live in the US. Adoption in my country is extremely easy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I dont think its crazy, i think if you are asking the question you are feeling like you are crazy. Buying stuff here and there but not alot is fine. My MIL got dresses for a girl because she swears our next baby will be a girl lol
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i don't think it is crazy! when you do get preggers you will have less $ needed at that time! if things really end up not working out, then you have baby shower gifts galore!
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• ok you sound obsessed with the idea of a baby, I was too when we were TTC. I agree with PP not to buy yet, but start a "baby fund" but just to keep you and your baby excitement busy, why don't you go to target or walmart and do a baby registry. Have fun pretending all the stuff you want to buy, you can even add and adjust it online daily. That should keep you busy with baby stuff for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I'd make absolutely sure that baby was on the way before buying anything.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2010