Why are some Christians so MEAN??

I am a Christian - as most of you have gathered.

What I don't understand is this..... WHY are some CHRISTians so mean? Don't the teachings of Jesus teach us to LOVE each other? To 'Love the person, hate the sin?' - Then WHY do some of you insist on being so awful, vindictive, judgmental and just plain mean? That is NO way to show the LOVE and GRACE and FORGIVENESS of Christ.
*If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. ~Luke 6:32
*And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. ~1 John 4:16
*If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. ~1 John 4:20
*Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. ~ 1 John 4:7

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 1:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Same reason ANYONE is mean. It is just who they are. Honestly Christian or not it doesnt matter.
    Why does every seem to think Christians are perfect? That is where ALOT of the bashing comes from.
    God Forbid a Christian be human.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I understand that completely Anon :36 - BUT - God teaches us to LOVE... NOT be awful and hateful just because we don't agree with someone or the way someone believes.
    I personally don't believe people are born homosexual - BUT - that does NOT mean I am going to be mean to them. God loves them just the same. I do believe in spanking our children to teach discipline - but I am not going to tell the parents that choose not to wrong. I believe that breast feeding is best for baby - but I am not going to tell the mother that chooses not to that she is an awful mother.

All I am saying is this: We are NOT going to be a witness for our amazingly wonderful God by being so hateful. That is NOT of God.

1 John 3:11 For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes I know GOD teaches love but MAN is not perfect. You cant expect for them to be. If you do then you are only fooling yourself. Even GOD doesnt expect you to be perfect. That is why he offers forgivness.
    You can post every verse in the bible and the fact still stands that MAN is NOT perfect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• that is a nice thought, unfortunately this will fall on deaf ears. there are so many people here that say they are christians, but dont possess Christ like qualities. It can be difficult, but that's just how their personalities are. I'm far from perfect and some of these post are a little too much for me, i rarely answer and even more rarely ask, i'm more of an observer. Hopefully maybe God's words will settle in their hearts and minds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i dont think she's expecting perfection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Then WHY do some of you insist on being so awful, vindictive, judgmental and just plain mean?

Why are some Christians so MEAN??

Why dont you answer your own question?

You are complaining how Christians are judgemental yet you ARE judging as well.

Hypocrite

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• see what i mean about falling on deaf ears. There will always be someone nasty
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• NO, You want to bash those who are judgemental and question how they are that way then how are you going to say it is wrong when YOU are doing the SAME THING>
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• see?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I guess my statement falls on BLIND EYES.
    Im sick of you people who preach the bible then judge people by saying they are judgemental.
    IT IS SICK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jan. 22, 2010