How long post partum did you periods return to normal?

Our son was born in Oct 09, and I got a period on Christmas Eve. Im just not sure how long it takes for them to go back to "normal." With my DD I didn't get a period for 8 months, but they were normal after I got that one.

Anyway, my concern is, I have had a lot of dreams that I am pregnant. And if they are "normal" I would be 2 days late... I know the only way to know is by taking a test, but i want to make sure im not over reacting.

Thanks for any advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter is almost a year and I still dont have regular periods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Ugh. Anon :54, I dislike you right now. lol. im kidding. I wish I didnt have one. Im hoping maybe it was a fluke and I wont have another one, and not be pregnant. lol

(OP)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• LOL, I know It is frustrating. I am "late" by a week and a half right now BUT since my period has been so messed up I have to just wait it out another week LOL. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I never had regular periods until after I had a baby. I started getting them about two months after she was born.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• rkoloms~ were the normal after they started? If that makes sence. lol. what I mean is, after your first one, was it the regular cycle to the next one, or did it take a while for them to get on track?

(OP)
    Anonymous