Nipple stimulation..

Did any of you try this? Did it work for you? if so How long after did your water break? Did you get pressure in your crotch?

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• http://www.birthingnaturally.net/cn/technique/nipple.html

Hope that helps.

I haven't used it, I'm happy to wait it out esp. after having one baby born at 37wks & 3 days, she spent 10days in the NICU because her lounges were not yet developed. I had 5 other friends give birth at 37 weeks & all their kids were fine (all c-sections) but I'm not willing to risk having any of my babies before they are ready to come out again unless I'm 45wks.pregnant I wouldn't try nipple stimualtion.

BUT that's just me and my opinion; I'm not chastizing you, criticizing you & I don't know your situation.

Best of luck & good for you for not going straight to potcin.

I've heard a handful of women say patocin doesn't hurt but I had two with pit & many friends have had pit & we all agree the pain is mind numbing & doesn't even come close to natural contractions.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 2:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Well nipple stimulation is similar to Pitocin, so be sure that you are monitoring baby's safety.
    I have only used it (with others) in the hospital with nursing staff.
    It doesn't mean you water will break, it never *has* to at all, anyway.
    When I did it my water was already broken a week, and I was supervised by midwives. No crotch pressure.

Glad to hear you're investigating this! It's good to avoid unnecessary risks, great to be informed when weighing those risks.

Good luck with everything!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I agree with doulala, it's a good thing to try if you need it but make sure you know what you're doing! I did nipple stimulation at home when my water broke and it was a bad idea. It made really strong intense contractions begin immediately. I didn't have pressure in my crotch but there was no build up with the contractions like if I would have just let labor flow naturally!
    KatieM

Answer by KatieM at 2:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2010