What type of temperment does your child/children have?

There are three different types of children...
The easy one's..

The slow to warm up ones..

And the difficult one's..

How would you describe your child/children?

I know my daughter is a easy child. Don't get angry when you read this but she was sleeping through the night at 2 weeks.. she developed quickly.. she's smart she took onto foods well.. she's 1 year and 11 days old and at night i can tell her good night.. follow her up the stairs put her in bed.. she'll smile and i'll turn off the lights and then she'll sleep till 8 or 9... i know i have it lucky and i'm sure she'll trick me into having a second child and then i'll get pay back for having it so good

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 2:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am a mom of four children all four of them were very content mellow babies. My now 19 year old daughter was so sweet never got into any trouble until she hit 15 then she became a challenge. My 16 year old daughter is very sensitive and she likes to please. I am learning she is also sneaky. As for my twin boys who are 5 they are very active, we have our good days and our bad ones. My boys are in kindergarten and their teacher is always completing me on what good listeners and behaved boys I have. Each year is a new challenge a new adventure!
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 3:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Hmm... Don't be so fast to expect that your DD will STAY "easy". My son was great about going to bed (put him in the crib, say goodnight, leave) until he was 17 mos. Then, all hell broke lose. He began crying uncontrollably one night after he'd been sick, and ever since (he's now 27 mos.) we've had to take at least an hour to calm him and do a very specific routine to get him to sleep. I'm not saying your experience WILL be this way, but I know I was feeling exactly as you are - SO proud and thankful that I had it "easy", and then BAM. No more. Its almost like you jinx yourself. So enjoy it while it lasts, but don't expect it to.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 2:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• LOL...she's only a year old...Give her time! She may be "easy" now, but wow, are you in for a shock!

My son started out reasonably easy, too, but that didn't last much past the age of 2. He has a strong personality, is willful, energetic and emotional; basically nothing like he was as a baby. I'm glad he is like he is because he'll go far not being a pushover, although he does need to learn a bit of tact, but that will come with age & experience (I hope! LOL).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2010