finally, I'VE BEEN WORKING OUT!! now how long will it take me to look like a sexy mama!?

so i've been working out this whole week. and i think im going to work out 5 days a week and take the weekends off. im mostly just trying to tone everything and lose 15-20 lbs. my SO showed me several different work outs with just the bar and weights from the bench press (he's a work out-aholic so he's my motivation!) and i use resistance bands or whatever they're called. and i switch off from legs, to arms, to shoulders, to back, to abs, to butt on different days. sooo i really just want to know how long will it take me to actually SEE a difference? i know it's hard to say.. but i just want an estimate. 2 weeks? a month? 3 months? i just need some more motivation! thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It isnt going to take 2 weeks. It could take months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• A person can safely lose, no more than, 5 lbs per week. Hopefully, you're alternating cardio with aerobics for best results. Good luck and God bless!

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I started noticing changes at week 2, they are small changes but i noticed that my jeans fit different, and DH pointed out that my arms have a more toned look to them as well as my legs.

I agree make sure you are mixing it up a little, doing the same thing over and over will make you hit a plateau. I do strength training, water areobics, zumba and the treadmill. The 3 classes I take change the excercises every 2-3 weeks and the trainers at our gym are always really nice about helping when we are doing our own work outs and need suggestions for changing things up a little.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It will take more than a couple a weeks even three months...make it a lifestyle change,build your fitness slowly overtime that way the results are more likely to stay.Change up your fitness and make sure that you add some cardio with your strength training.Good luck!Im just now at sexy lol(I had a lot of weight to lose)However I do a mix of cardio/strength training)I work out 6 days a week.Make sure you get plenty of rest and good nutrition!
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My favorite saying....Be patient - it took years to gain weight; it takes time to lose weight
    LOVE_mygirls58

Answer by LOVE_mygirls58 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I agree with the poster above, be patient good things come to those who wait and are consistent.

Answer by older at 9:17 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• INSTANT GRATIFICATION. I can help you with that. I can tell you about a natural, healthy way to lose weight. I did it and I am proof. No diet, pills, exercise or surgery. There is a garment that reduces INSTANTLY 2-3 dress sizes when you immediately put it on. Then, while wearing it, you naturally lose weight. No sweating, but your core is pulled tight, increasing your metabolism, naturally burning fat cells. I have lost over 35 pounds from a size 16-18 to a size 10-12. Your self esteem is through the roof because you look fantastic! I feel the best ever! I can give you the information if you want. 856.287.5240. There is hope.
    revivedmom

Answer by revivedmom at 10:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2010