what if he wants to marry in vegas!!??!

My SO and I are taking a trip with our DD in a wk to vegas. we are going just to go, no reason, at least that's what I think. We have gone on other family trips other places but because he has mentioned going to vegas to elope. While we were in san diego he asked me if I wanted to drive to vegas right then and elope. Even when we're home it comes up sometimes. I love him, he's the one I want to marry. BUT I really want to have a very small wedding with our family and friends because it will be the first and the last time. It needs to be special not expensive lol. Anyway, I don't know what I'll do if he proposes and wants to marry. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell him how you feel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I think it would be so cute that he would do that, it woudl be hard to turn him down !!!

You could always go with the flow and do it and then have a small wedding or reception at home. OR like the pp said next time he brings it up mention how you feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Marry him in Vegas and have another wedding with friends/family when you get home~!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• What do you care more about, getting married or being married?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I did this and at first I was kind of upset about it but now the only thing i would have changed was the dress. Make sure that you have a really pretty dress and a ton of pictures. When you get married just the two of you it's only about the two of you. The second you start inviting people it becomes about others. Plus dealing with families is a nightmare and someone is always disappointed, feels left out, or isn't happy with something. I say go for and be happy just wear the dress!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Talk to him and come to a compromise you are both happy with. I would never marry my guy in Vegas only because he married his ex there on July 4. SHe liked the idea of getting married, not being married though and that's why he is with me now. I think it's important to share it with family and I don't agree that it becomes about other people. It's something that we will do when we feel like it and how we feel it should be done but the only constant is that we WILL share it with our families.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 10:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My son was married in Las Veags and most of the family went with them to share the moment and have a vacation at the same time. It was great! But if family won't go---have the Vegas wedding and then a family reception/party when you are back home.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2010