Why am I awake?

This is more of a vent than a question but I have to whine to SOMEONE! I have to get up for work at 0330. I finally got to sleep around 1045 last night. I woke up at 0145 to use the potty and can't go back to sleep....it is now 0245 and I have given up (obviously) and am pouting on CafeMom.

THIS SUCKS!

Allergic2Stupid

Asked by Allergic2Stupid at 2:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sorry to hear that.

Did you know cauliflower makes a great gift?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• First off, I am seriously laughing at your profile name! Its a good one:) I think I have the same allergy but apparently I tend to attract my allergy lol

As for being up... it SUCKS, I know. I use to have the same problem, I would waking up to pee or to deal with a kid or something and then it would seem pointless to go back to sleep. The benefit was that I would have a GREAT nights sleep the next night
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Sorry to hear that. I remember when I had that problem and I had to be at work by 5am. After a sleepless night, that day was mighty long and wasn't enough coffee in the world to compensate for the 10 hour workday. Needless to say, after work, I was beat tired. Have you considered taking sleeping pills? Good luck and God bless with your day. You can do this!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I am having the same problem tonight!! I went to bed at 10:00 woke up at midnight and can not go to sleep so I'M here on Cafe Mom.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 3:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Lol thanks ladies...and to the cauliflower lady I say...YUMMY!

Alas an allergy to stupidity has no cure or treatment..and there are days I wonder why I come into CM when stupid seems to run rampant in here sometimes lol.....

Sleeping pills and I don't get along. Since I have to be up so early I have to take them too early the night before and end up all goofy. I can already taste the extra large tea I will be picking up on my way in to work lol. My shift is 12 hours and you bet your booty I am going to sleep well tonight...I hope...sigh. Insomnia should be illegal!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I feel your pain Mommiedear. I hope you have a good day regardless of lack of sleep! Perhaps a nap...oooo I wish I could nap at work.....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• yea i get like this a lot especially since my bf wakes up at 4 am to go to work and sumtimes things dont go well and he wakes me up. or this morning my mom came by to get leftovers and i woke up about 420 and have not been able to sleep....im 23 wees pregnant and have a dr appt this morning then have to go to work as a salon manager/stylist.......i will be tired and it really stinks. but tomorrow i dont have to go to work til 3 so i get to sleep in and that will feel great!
    Aletam

Answer by Aletam at 6:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Agh pregnancy sleep troubles are THE WORST! Mostly because you can't DO anything to fix them! I had wicked bad sleep trouble at the end of my pregnancy (I was getting seriously uncomfortable with my twins in there) and I just couldn't sleep at night for the life of me. I was really good at falling asleep in my chair at work though lol...so I just took vacation time and stayed home!!!!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 6:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2010