what does a married m0ther of two claim on her w4?

spoiledbrat1977

Asked by spoiledbrat1977 at 3:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• Call the IRS, Either google it or wait a little and rkoloms will copy and paste her answer she always gives. That will have the number in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I think you can put down 4. But you need to crunch the numbers and make sure that between whatever your DH has taken out and what you have taken out it comes to enough. Thanks rkoloms!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• The IRS Withholding Calculator is a great tool to use. I was on the phone with the IRS one day asking some questions about my dh's W4 and after he finished helping me he told me about the calculator. It has been very useful.  The link is at the bottom of the page.   On page 4 of the calculator, I suggest sticking with the standard deduction of $11,400 to be conservation instead of trying to itemize on the calculator.  It really helps though.  If you need help, send me a message and I will help walk you through it.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96196,00.html 

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2010