Falling in love over the internet?

Anyone fall in love over the internet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• No, IMO it is stupid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• People used to fall in love with letters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I did, he proposed about 10 days after we met online. No, it wasn't a dating site either, we met in person a few weeks later, I was living about 18 hrs from him. I moved in 3 months after that, we got married about a year later, just had our second anniversary last fall and things are going great.

It's all about communication, we would get on the computers every night and chat for hours, sent all sorts of emails back and forth. Before I even laid eyes on him the first time I knew more about him then I did in the first ten years with my ex.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Hell no.
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 4:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I didn't, but I know some people who have. It happens. The mode of meeting/falling in love is far less important than how you communicate andthe people involved.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 5:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• No, They are just words. People can say anything on the Internet. Meeting and getting to know a person in person is the only way you can truly fall in love. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 5:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I fell in love via snail mail and I've been happily married for 21 years so I say YES you can.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• What difference does it make if they speak lies or type lies? Same difference to me. I always thought it romantic when people fell in love by snail mail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We met over the internet, and I began to think I could develop those feelings for him while we talking online, but I didn't actually fall head over heels for him until we met in person. So, I guess we kind of fell in love over the internet.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I think it's the best way to do it if they are being honest. It's a way to fall in love with the essence of who we think they are without being swayed by looks. I like it. I met my SO online. If I had met him in person first I'd have never given him a second look. He's not my traditional type and he'd have never picked me based on looks but we turned out to be soul mates.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010