Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This cant be right can it?

My grandmother has my SS card and my orginal BC. She refuses to let me have them, She has made many copies of BOTH. She says things like she cant find them or what ever.
I dont trust her no.
Reason beign she is making copies left and right.
Second reason is she works for the health department in OKC and she does BCs and she will make copies of OTHER peoples BCs and bring them home. She says it is because of the " funny" or " odd" name on the BC but I know she isnt supposed to do that.
I jsut dont know what to do. My grandmother is just as nuts as my mother. They are both just horrible crooked people.
What can I do?
I also am not sure where to post this so sorry


Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I don't understand something here. Your grandmother works at the BC office and won't give you a copy of your BC at the office? Or does she just has one at home and she won't give it to you? The one she has at home you can do nothing about except call SS and report that both your ss car and Birth certificate have been stolen and follow procedure. If your not able to get a copy of your BC at the county court house of your birth then you can go through the state google your state and birth certificate a link comes up. I also suggest you go to the credit reporting sites and have your credit pulled you may be a victim of identity theft. I also suggest you go to the state police (not your locals that know her and will protect her wrong doings) and file a report. Let them know you have knowledge of her copies of other BC's in that office. With all the terrorism laws now in place that may even be federal.


    Answer by babyfat5 at 9:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • Is she the only one that works there. When she's on vacation see if u can get a copy then.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • I was born in CA. My problem is she has in her home my BC and SS card.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • I would contact the records place in Ca. tell them your SS card and BC were STOLEN. They will then issue you another BC and SS card it may cost 20-40 dollars. But it will stop any possible fraud on your Grandmothers end and you will get NEW copies. Best of luck.

    Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • Thanks

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • you can get new ones issued. bc just go to or write the county courthouse wherre you were born. ss card go to ss office and they can reissue. the bigger problem is her bringing home others bc. if she thinks the name is odd then she should write it down I am very sure it is against the rules for her to be doing this. I would contact her supervisor at work and tell her what you have seen. let them handle the problem

    Answer by mom2snsb at 5:23 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • I would also report her to the police. She is going to know it was you and it could be a big family stink. But if you don't you are somewhat responsible for whatever she does with these documents... like identity theft (yours and those other people whose records she stole). She has no right to those documents. I would file a police report and hopefully they can get a search warrent before she hides or destroys the documents.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • Have you done a credit check on yourself lately? I would do that as well, if you know your SS #. Sounds like she is doing something a little dishonest.


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • I would report her anonymously! Turn her crooked butt in!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010