In pain!

My back, hip, and leg are hurting to the point that I can't sleep. I can't get comfortable in bed. I work full time and have an active 2 year old. I'm 27 weeks pregnant and miserable. Why am I in so much pain?

ellasmom1

Asked by ellasmom1 at 4:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know the answer, but I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I'm actually sick and 21 weeks pregnant and I'm not sleeping because I can't get comfy and keep having nerve pain.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 4:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I can't get comfy. I even tried my faithful couch. What kind of nerve pain? Is there anything that helps?
    ellasmom1

Answer by ellasmom1 at 5:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Sciatic nerve pain... or at least I'm pretty sure thats what it is. I'm going to be talking to my doc about it at my next appt. The only thing that helps me is getting up and moving. Seriously- I'm miserable tonight. I got 3.5 hours of sleep. I need like 10 when I'm pregnant, plus I'm sick! IDK how I'm going to get through the day.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 5:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I myself had Sciatic pain a few weeks back(during Christmas-Oh what fun) and I used a Heating pad constantly,wore sneakers(or other comfy type shoes Merrells when I had to walk) and slept with a pillow in between my thighs it seems to help in better alignment when you are sleeping and if you can get a massage from someone who is qualified to give pregnancy massage(or see if you can see a Chiropractor some people swear by it I personally never have tried that route) it worked wonders.Feel Better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• See a chiroprator to relieve some of the pain. As try a message theropist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• a chiropractor is a pregnant woman's best friend! good to see one before during and after pregnancy. i hear many women say heating pads help, for me they make it worse. yoga with an instructor can be beneficial as well, but do it w/ a professional, b/c poor form could make things worse!
    good luck, and sorry about your pain and discomfort.
    call a chiropractor!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2010