Valentines Day

What are you and your SO doing for valentines day? any couples that don't celebrate it?

kissy92

Asked by kissy92 at 5:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• LOL IDK, We arent even sure where we are going to be. We might go visit family . DHs vacation week is that week so who knows LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My fiance is working that night :( but maybe the next day we can celebrate.
    kissy92

Answer by kissy92 at 5:56 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• french restaurant in another town - 1st time to celebrate together in a few years - looking forward to it
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 6:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• YUCK!!!! I'm one of those rare women who not only doesn't celebrate Valentine's Day but feels the whole holiday was put into place for the candy & jewlery & flower & restaurants to make big bucks on things your hubby should be telling you/doing for you all year long! No Valentine's Day plans for us @ all!!!! (I know the holiday wasnt' started by these companies but they sure have figured out a way to profit from it!)
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We celebrate Valentine's Day, but do it without giving money to the candy/florist/jeweler's by buying gifts for each other that we know will really matter than some standard gift that everyone else might think is "the norm" We will have a quiet candlelight supper together after our baby goes to bed at 7, light the fire, and lay in front of it listening to love songs and remembering/telling each other why we love each other so much.

Answer by missanc at 9:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We will be celebrating our little ones 3rd birthday
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Eh, Valentines Day isn't really a big thing for us...
    ericagwen

Answer by ericagwen at 10:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We don't really do anything special for it. I get flowers of all kinds throughout the year. We go out together quite often and even movies at home are considered date nights for us. Dates aren't just for us, we also have family date nights pretty often too. We spend time together a lot and it's always quality time so we don't understand why there is a certain day that makes people feel obligated to feel love or the want to spend time with someone. We think everyday should be like V-Day.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 10:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My DH is not that romantic type. He will most likely give me a hug and a Kiss and that will be my valentines day. I am the romantic type. I love the idea of getting away, just the two of us, without the kids. But most likely we will celebrate at home, with the kids, watching a movie...another movie..and then another movie...
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We don't celebrate it. It irritates me to no end when society (or whoever/whatever) determines it is THIS day that you have to show you love your partner. What a crock of shit and just another marketing ploy to get people to spend money they don't have on things they don't need. My husband and I love each other every day of our lives and we show it all the time and when we can afford it, we buy each other gifts - not when some stupid holiday says we should. So no, I don't buy into the commericalized BS.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2010