How can i loose the 20 kgs i gained from my first pregnancy?

it's been 8 months since i have my first baby. i was so much in shape before pregnancy but gained almost 20 kgs and some efforts of eating less food doesnt help me. can anyone suggest a diet that can help me out

Enkutatash

Asked by Enkutatash at 6:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You can LOSE the weight by eating right and exercising.
    Exercise daily cut out soda and junk food. Eat when you are hungry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I still need to lose some weight too. My baby is now 8 mths old. I need to lose about 7 lbs. I started last week workn out with gilad at 6am before the baby wakes up and drink lots of water. Also pay attention to what you eat. Its hard to remind yourself that your not preg. anymore so you can't just eat whatever whenever. i make sure I workout at least 4 times a week.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 6:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Always eat your breakfast before an hour has past from the time you woke up. It will jump-start your metabolism. Cut back on your portions and DRINK DRINK to see your pee turn clear. AND do not eat two hours before bed and eat when hungry but not huge portions. Try to feel the feeling of actually hunger. I did all this and have lost 8 pounds in 14 days and scale is still dropping. The point is to get your metabolism working for you not against you. Happy dieting
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 8:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i prefer to lose the weight by adding good foods, rather than focusing on cutting the junk. i eat salads made from kale, swiss chard and spinach. i try for 5 veggies, and 2-3 fruits a day. i go for 2-3 liters of water a day. i use brown carbs, not white (bread, pasta, rice) with those to focus on, i don't have as much time and room for the junk! also, pushing your lo in the stroller daily is great for you both! (you can do squats and lunges with the stroller too!)
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I run 6 days a week,eat 12-1600 calories a day...no junk food,soda etc.I drink at least 8 glasses of water.I use a site that I track my calories and fitness minutes.You can lose the weight just get active and eat in moderation.Good luck.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I can help you with that. I can tell you about a natural, healthy way to lose weight. I did it and I am proof. No diet, pills, exercise or surgery. There is a garment that reduces INSTANTLY 2-3 dress sizes when you immediately put it on. Then, while wearing it, you naturally lose weight. No sweating, but your core is pulled tight, increasing your metabolism, naturally burning fat cells. I have lost over 35 pounds from a size 16-18 to a size 10-12. Your self esteem is through the roof because you look fantastic! I feel the best ever! I can give you the information if you want. 856.287.5240. There is hope.
    revivedmom

Answer by revivedmom at 10:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2010