Soap scum remover? (bathroom cleaners)

What do you use? I've been using Scrub Free (by Arm & Hammer, yellow bottle) and use to love it, but lately I feel it's not doing the job (I'll apply it, SCRUB -- which, you shouldn't have to do, hence the name!, and have to re-apply!)

Also, what do you use for the toilet SEATS? I was using something that removed our finish on them. Now I think I use Lysol bath cleaner and I think that's ok.

Help please! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i use a baking soda paste and a scrub brush for the tub, and i use a vinegar water for e'thing else in the bathroom.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• yup what she said!!! for the mold in the shower hydrogen peroxide works great!!! did u know that bleach just releses the mold spores into the air so you're breathing it in!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Scrubbing bubbles is the greatest cleaner ever. I use mostly organic cleaners but scrubbing bubbles cannot be be beat when it comes to bathroom cleaning.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 9:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I guess I'm looking for something where I don't HAVE to scrub. "IamPatSajak", is Scrubbing Bubbles like that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• do you use liquid soap, it doesn't tend to leave behind scum like bar soap does.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I use my steam cleaner and it works great! No scrubbing, it kills mold, mildew, bacteria and viruses on contact and it is safe for almost any surface. After steaming, I wipe down the surface with a clean cloth. If a surface is particularly grimey, I cover the end of my steamer with a microfiber cloth and steam through it to the surface, wiping away the mess as I go, then do a hand wiping with another, clean microfiber cloth to make sure the surface is spotless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We have really bad water that leaves rusty stains after several days AND an acrylic tub that we can't use any abrasive cleaner to clean. I used to use Kaboom cleaner but I got fed up with scrubbing too and finally grabbed my Mr Clean Magic Eraser. It takes care of everything without a lot of scrubbing, then I quickly spray and wipe with a disinfectant cleaner and rinse very well. It's kind of hard on the Eraser so make sure the tub & Eraser are both wet.

I wipe down the toilet seats practically every day; with 5 males in the house it's practically a necessity. I use a damp rag with a bit of cleaner on it. By doing it every day I don't need to scrub so hard that it ruins the finish.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2010