ladys do any of you sell your kids small clothes on ebay. if so how do you make any thing off of them to buy bigger ones

do any of you have any tricks in the bag for selling on ebay of your childrens clothes that they have out growen and buying bigger sizes for them. i never have a problem buying on ebay i really get some good deals some times. selling on ebay i am not doing very well for the price i sell that item for and after i pay ebay fees & shipping fees. i can not turn that money around & buy somthing bigger size for my daugher of the item that i sold. i live way out in the country & can not have any rummage sales no one would come & i do not live by any resale stores so my last hope is ebay. sell some really nice things. always start by asking price out at .99 cents no matter if it is brand new or not. if i charge more then 99 cents then ebay gets more. my shipping i try to keep it low somtimes i loose out on it & have to take my own money & add to it so i am lucky i make 70cents on a item. any one have tricks you can pass on.thanks

horselover2

Asked by horselover2 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I used to make a lot of money reselling clothing on ebay but it is just not profitable anymore. I sell on craigslist.org because the listings are free. I recently had a 50pc lot of all gymboree and gap clothing I put on ebay, tons of high quality pictures, exact shipping only, started at a penny- went unsold. It cost me $$ in listing fees. I took it to consignment just to get it out of the house!
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 9:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Take good pictures, you might want to get a shipping scale so that you can more accurately calculate shipping costs. I got a really good one on Ebay for about $20. If it's a good brand like Gymboree or Gap and in excellent condition you might want to try to sell the item seperately. You can find the line name for a Gymboree item on a site called Gymbohaven. I mostly sell Gymboree items, some do well and some don't. I haven't done a whole lot either, I sold a few items here and there and then really tried selling a lot last year, overall I made money, but not enough to be worth the time. I still sell some because I think it's fun though. Anyway, besides selling some things seperately, pair things up as outfits and sell maybe a few outfits together. I don't think the large lots generally do as well as smaller ones, and if you just have one picture of a big lot of clothes people can't see the items very well and won't risk it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I am going to try and take some clothes to a local resale store today. We did e-bay too and could not get a profit either. I am now just taking my kids out growns to resale. They give me in store credit here localy and I have to travel to get cash but in the long run,it's better than just giving to goodwill since we can use any help we can get:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 11:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I found craigslist is much better! I made about $200 on selling clothes from newborn-12month. And will have more once my boys out grow there clothes. To me it was easier having someone come to my house to buy them instead of hastling with mailing, and making sure it gets to them on time. I was able to take that money, and not even use half of it to by new clothes on craigslist for both my boys.
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2010