Working Moms: How do you stay motivated?

For moms who work full time outside of the home, how do you stay motivated to keep up with the household responsibilities at the end of your work day? With that, how do you balance the housework and still make sure you have time to spend with your kids?

sillyt

Asked by sillyt at 9:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband and I take turns doing the house hold chores...some gets done after the kids go to bed, some gets done on the weekends. It's not really rocket science ;O)
    huniyxyz

Answer by huniyxyz at 9:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I find lots of time to be with my kids....if my housework falls by the wayside, I don't get stressed out. The dust will always be there tomorrow.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I hate cleaning, so I avoid it if possible. My husband helps, and there's always time after the kids are in bed and on the weekends.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Lately I have been saving the housework for the weekend. Spending time with our kids is more important to me than how our house looks. Plus I'm always exhausted during the week anyway lol.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Come home most nights and do the dishes first. DD is two and loves to help. She gets a stool and helps me out. It's great time with her and I get chores done. I vaccuum the floors and do the laundry over the weekends. Bathrooms I try to wait until dd is out of the house. I just don't want her to see where the chemicals are and try to clean herself. They are locked up, but kids are smart. So I figure out of sight, out of mind is better at this age. Hubby helps clean the kitchen and take the trash out. It's not too big a deal and I never fret if things fall behind. I can always play catch up later and get hubby to help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• ps hubby cooks, so that really helps out too
    Anonymous

• We are gone all day so there isnt much cleaning to be done. we get home and spend all night together. After i lay down with her and she falls asleep i get up and get dinner ready for the next day and maybe spot clean for 10 or 15 minutes. then i go to bed. I dont waste our together time cleaning.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 9:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We have a housekeeper that comes every other week. She doesn't do everything, and of course plenty of things have to be done more frequently. I know she's picking up some slack when I fall behind on chores, but also I tend to keep things in better shape because I know she's coming and I don't want her to think we are dirty people. I do some chores after the kids are in bed, some before they get up, and some on the weekend. My husband and oldest child also help with some chores.

I spend time with my kids in the evenings, even if it means we don't have a terrific dinner every night, and I spend a lot of time with them on the weekends. My husband and I take turns making dinner, so we also take turns spending time with the kids while dinner is being prepared...and we get take out at least once or twice a week (not ideal, but I think our time together as a family should not all be spent cooking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• my DH is my heroe. He helps with the cooking and cleaning. Plus, he helps with the kids. I help by vaccuming the living room, every night before bed, I cook on the weekends and give the children their baths.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I agree with PP's. At this point, dust is the least of our concerns. As far as chores, everyone has chores. DH likes to cook, I do most of the laundry and cleaning, and the girls help with their own clothes during laundry. But if I don't have time and my house is a mess, oh well! I do fret at times and would like to have a better system to keep up with chores. But, most days I don't worry.
    PrincesaBoricua

Answer by PrincesaBoricua at 10:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2010