What is more important, not needing help, or staying home with your kids?

Is it ok to get medicaid and wic and be able to stay at home with your child if your hubby works and makes enough money to pay for everything else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You should always strive for self-sufficiency. If you are able to work, and that would alleviate the need for gov't assistance.. you should work. Gov't programs are designed to help you get on your feet, not to be a permanent crutch.

AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Oh my god. It's better to be self supporting, end of story.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You should leave that to people who really need it. You should be thankful you don't need help.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I find them both good goals. BUT my priority is to stay at home with the kids. I didn't have kids to give them to someone else to raise. However, we are also doing all we can to be self supportive, but sometimes you need a little extra help.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 10:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I had her i will support her. I don't expect nor want help from my fellow taxpayers :-) i can't stand that others think that is acceptable. but some people have no morals or sense of responsibility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Wow. No!! You need to work. Almost 100 % of mothers would like to be able to stay home with their child but they work because we don't want to live off of the other hardworking taxpayers. Wow, your going to get alot of hell for this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Umm I dont work I stay home with the babies and I DONT need help. Dh makes money than enough that I wont ever have to worry about working.
    Why is it one or the other? Why is it to you people that if a mom stays home she is on welfare? Grow up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Public aid is for people who need it, not lazy people who want it.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Why is it one or the other? Why is it to you people that if a mom stays home she is on welfare? Grow up

This is one specific question because these are my only 2 options. My husband doesn't make enough for your option. if you want a different option ask your own question.

DUH DUH DUH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I only was a SAHM when it was financially possible. We weren't on WIC or PA when my children were babies. To me if you need those things, then yes you should be working and not staying at home.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2010