How do we tell the kids were having another baby?

We are a combined family.My So has 3 from a previous marriage, I have one from my previous marriage and we have one together. AND WERE PREGNANT AGAIN!! The age of the kids are 17,15,13,9,11 months...and one in limbo,lol. Before this happened we discussed our options. 1. vasectomy 2. having one more so the baby would have a sibling close in age to grow up with. Well...a higher power made up our minds for us with this suprise pregnancy. ANYWAY...I want the kids to be excited about it, happy about it, okay with it. What do you think would be a good way to tell them? I'm trying to think of something creative and fun..something that says "yay" and "suprise!",lol. So that way it comes off as a good and postive thing right from the start and no bad feelings are had. I just don't know....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• congrads on being pregnant.
    just sit them down and exsplain your pregnant, simple. if you want to do something cute try baking a cake and putting it on there and letting the kids see it.
    im sure no matter what they will be a little upset and happy about this surprise.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Congrats. I hear your excitement but I don't know how the teens will take it. I hope you have a great relationship with them bc many step children think step moms have more children to push the teens out of dad's life and replace them. I just can't imagine an enthusiastic response from a group of children that age unless it's in a Hallmark movie. I wish I wasn't such a cynic but that's just me. I have no idea how to break the news. I always waited until I was showing. Good luck on this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Your children are too young and too old to have their emotions manipulated by a "cute" announcement. I would suggest you bring it up at a family meal, you should show optimism, mention nothing about how the baby was an "oops" and not leave the topic up for negative discussion. I also suggest you start talking NOW about how to manage your birth control in the future.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Sit all the kids down and say. "I am pregnant". Simple and easy.

Answer by louise2 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2010