has anyone had a c-section scar re-done?

I'm getting a minor plastic surgery procedure done next week (covered by my insurance) and the doc. volunteered to re-do my c-section scar that had healed very badly. I got an infection and it never healed correctly. Has anyone had this done? He says it's a simple procedure and only takes 10 mins. but I'm only doing it if insurance will cover it. Anyone have experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, i have never had my C-section scar corrected through plastic surgery. But, I can say that my first C-section scar was too thick and the skin around that area was numb. It looked awfull. Fortunately for me, during my second c-section delivery, the surgen cutt off that access skin and old scar tissue. the new scar is much thinner and the skin around that area is no longer numb. If your insurance covers it, then go for it! Good luck.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes I did after my first child was born. It had to be reopened and left a horrid scar so I had a scar revision. It hurt because I also had a tummy tuck done. That also got infected and I got that scar revised, which was not so bad.
    Anonymous

• I had a horrible thick scar from my c-section and when I had to have a hysterectomy later they corrected it and it is now a thin, smooth white line, not all red and ropy and rough like it was before. The skin is still a little numb though.
    Anonymous