should i be worried if my baby is 5 months an is not crawling but is wanting to walk? if i hold him up he takes maybe 6 steps then sits and laughs :)

olan8809

Asked by olan8809 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not at all, many babies go straight to walking. My youngest son didn't even sit up or crawl until the end of his seventh month, I was very concerned. Within one month he started crawling, standing and walking.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:25 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• No need to worry. He's fine. My second grandson was like that. The doctor said that children like that turn out to be more athletic. Not sure if that is a old wives tale or based on science but it turned out to be true for my grandson.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:26 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• No worries at all!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I'm sorry, exactly why would you worry about that? If your baby doesn't like to scrub her skin off on the carpet and floor but has decided to start standing instead I don't think it's anything to worry about. And no she isn't some kind of prodigy because she wants to stand and maybe walk without ever crawling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My son walked before he crawled. There really is no order, really. Most kids will crawl then walk but many do the reverse. If your child never crawls, you may want to get her hips checked out.
    Jakesmommie

Answer by Jakesmommie at 11:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• my daughter is almost 5 mos and is doing the exact same thing... my ped. said it was normal.
    moncrief_tara

Answer by moncrief_tara at 2:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2010