Breastfeeding and allergies/sensitivites, white poo, etc

Is is possible that a breastfed baby can develop a food allergy/sensitivity at 8 months? I eat alot, alot of dairy...mostly cheese, and my DS has never had any issues. However, he is starting to have really big, green, very mucousy poo. Sometimes it stinks really bad, so I thought maybe a virus or bacteria infection. Then his poo went back to normal for 2 days, and then green and muscousy without the stench. So I thought fm/hm imbalance. But he's had that before and I'm certain this is different. His green poo's have been about 5-20 minutes after nursing, usually. Also, he has had two poos that were white with some yellow small streaks, and are very stringy..what could this be? Sorry about the long question(s). Thanks to anyone who can help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• White poop could be an indication that there is no bile being produced in the liver. Your child needs to see his doctor today.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• is your baby ebf, or is he eating some solids, are any new? i saw white poo once, it was from powdered sugar donuts, but he was older!
    dairy is the #1 food intolerance/ allergen.
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• IamPatSajak is right. White poo is a symptom of a liver problem. You need to take him to the doctor right away to be checked.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2010