Pregnant and nursing

My youngest is going to be 6 months this weekend and i still haven't gotten a period though I am nursing. The other day I went to the bathroom and was spotting. I have only done this with 1 of my kids. Has anyone gotten pregnant while nursing before getting your period back? What were the first signs? I am planning to take a test this next week. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've gotten pregnant twice while nursing. Irregular periods always make me nervous so I tested monthly.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I got pregnant with my 3rd while nursing my 2nd and never got a period in between (which means I went over 2 years without having a period - yay!). The first sign was morning sickness. If you are going to continue nursing while you are pregnant, you need to make sure you are getting the extra nutrition you need. My OB recommended I stop, because I have pretty severe anemia but most women can do both as long as you can get enough vitamins/minerals for both babies and yourself. You need to make sure you take care of you, or you won't be able to take care of them!

Answer by missanc at 10:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• MIL did. Twice. Some women drop eggs all the time.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• bf is not a form of bc. so if you are not using anything to prevent pregnacy there is a big chance to get pregnant. you dont need to have a period in order to ovulate
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2010