can you deliver 6 kids by c-section?is it possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Any thing is possible.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i keep hearing that the doctors will only allow up to 4 deliveries via c-section. I had two and stopped. NO more kids!!
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You mean 6 as in multiples or 6 single pregnancies? My grandma did 3 and her female organs and bladder fell out right after the last from the strain.i'm not sure if they did the procedure at the same location each time like they do now.I'd have to say it would be a bad idea to do so.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• It is POSSIBLE, but not advisable. My ob/gyn advises no more than 3. Plus, after going through 2 already (about to go through a 3rd) - I don't know how anyone would want to put themselves through the excruciating pain that many times, besides having that many kids! Wowsers! Expensive and DIFFICULT! I value SLEEP! :)

Although, I am older (36) and the C-section is soooo much harder on me now than it was when I was young and had one at 16. It was a piece of cake back then....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• It depends on how your previous scar has healed and the condition of your uterus. For most women, you will be fine to carry 6 children to term and have c-sections. For some women, uterine rupture is an issue. Although we would love more children I had my tubes tied following my third c-section. It is recommended not to have more than three and frankly I don't know why someone would want to have that many abdominal surgeries. It truly is an awful experience.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I think I heard Ethal Kennedy (SP) had 11 c-sections. My mom had four (the old way) and her last preg. was with me and my twin and she had no problems. I've had 2 and plan to have 2 more and still will never get my tubes tied.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 10:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I have a friend whose had 9.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• YOU COULD but idk why you would want to...
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• It's possible but not advisable. Scar tissue is not as strong as the original... I had read it is not recommended to have more than 5, though even that sounds like a lot. However, it isn't a question of what doctors allow -- all they can do is recommend. If a mother gets pregnant again, there's not really anything the medical community can do to avoid this... it isn't legal to sterilize a woman.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Sure, depending on how you healed after the other ones.
    I'll be having my 5th in July. My others were in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2006.
    This will be my last. 5 kids is enough for us.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2010