How would you feel if someone said you can't marry the person you love because they think it's wrong?

Whatever happened to separation of church and state? I seriously don't understand why there are LAWS preventing homosexuals from marrying in most states because THE BIBLE says it's unnatural. Hello! Church=Bible and "Gods" rules, so why does the Government think it's okay to control who gets married and who doesn't? Marriage is not just a religious thing, otherwise people with NO religion would be refused a marriage license as well. So please, people who are against gay marriage, enlighten me why you even CARE about something that goes on under someone else's roof? I mean really, does two people in love who happen to be the same sex really concern you that much? If it does, you have wayyy too much time on your hands. Besides, would GOD really want you to treat other humans this way? I think not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Somehow Christians are always bashed simply for believing what the bible says. There is NO WAY you an take the homosexuality being a sin out of context. If not for religion, and aside from religion, based on "human rights" i definitely see the idea that gays should have equal rights. but again, based on my religion, I disagree with it. i respect them, they can be good people, but homosexulality is just another temptation, like alcoholism, cussing, lying, gossiping, etc. im not saying im any less of a sinner than a homosexual. the only difference is i sincerely try not to sin... i don't keep doing something just because it feels good. the bible says men having sexual relations with men, or women with women, are an abomination. So in summary: on a biblical basis, homosexuality is wrong. on a strictly secular basis, more power to them.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I agree, it's stupid and one day we'll tell our grand kids how we lived in an era of prejudice an discrimination.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 10:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes God would. You don't really want to know what I think obviously. You just either want people to validate what you feel, or you want someone to argue with. There's no point in even trying to answer your question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• More Americans were opposed to interracial marriage back when that was an issue before the courts than they are against gay marriage. We've come a long way but still have a long way to go.

I still don't understand why the government is involved in legal issues with you and the person you have sex with.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I have two great friends who are inlove and happen to be the same sex (male). One of them caught my boquet of flowers at my wedding and he married his partner on 8-8-08 when it was legal. They had a nice ceremony at home. I love my friends.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I can't understand it either- I thought LOVE was supposed to be a GOOD thing...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

"God" wants you to preach hate and discrimination? I'm an Atheist, by the way, and from what I can tell most of the Bible is BS. When two strangers who claim to be angels come to your door and a mob comes after them, instead of making them leave you offer up your virgin daughters to be gang raped. Yeah, that's the example I really want to follow and take seriously. "God" is too busy worrying about people being gay to help humanity with the real issues.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• First of all God was the creator of the institution of marriage with Adam and Eve.
    Second, Since Go is the Creator of all human beings He as given us ALL the capacity to feel the need to have a life partner. Why? Because it has always been his plan to have a spiritual union (relationship with us) His spiritual relationship with human is demonstrated through the physical relationship in humans. Why male and female? Male and female is a visible and tangible representation of Christ (God) and his bride (the church) Why? Because God is Father and is Head of all creation while the Church is represented as female because it nurtures, obeys (God) and reproduces meaning the church grows and makes more followers. See the resemblence in male and female marriage? I hope so.
    Third. It i also a Chritian institution because once we accept Christ as our spiritual Groom, We a Christian are to show example of His cont
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• eternal bond and love he has for us through our marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• What about the separation? Ask Massachusetts http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=19017   this is just one many instances where businesses and Churches have been threaten or have chosen not perform services because same sex laws and other laws that goes against any churches teachings.  Also before you equate racial differences to sexual. Remember that Catholic Church was in the front lines along with Martin Luther King and American Blacks voted higher against same sex marriage as whites. I have many friends that are extremely irate over this comparison.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2010